Patient Participation Group
The patient participation group first met in August 2011. The purpose of the group is:
To give practice staff and patients the opportunity to, where possible, share decision making in the running of the practice.
- To provide for patients to make positive suggestions about the practice, and be an advocate for patient preferences when appropriate.
- To provide a means for practice staff to inform patients about the reality of running a General Practice.
- To involve further patients from the wider population, and be an advocate for the practice when appropriate.
- To encourage health education activities within the practice.
- To develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients, such as befriending, help with transport, and bereavement support.
- To act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of health and social care.
The group will be producing a newsletter to inform patients about news and changes within the Practice.
The group meets on the first Monday of each month at 3.00pm for 1 hour so if you would like to be a member of the group please apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a copy of the PPG leaflet click here
To take a PPG survey, please click here