Sick certificates

For the first week of illness you can fill in a “self certificate” form SC2 obtained from your employer. If you are self-employed, you need form SC1 from us, the Post office or the DSS. Private certificates for the first few days of illness are available but there is a charge for these.  Please note Sickness Certificates cannot be made out for a future date.